Elyse J., Bloomington, MN had won a copy of my children’s book, Building Character with Sam, Izzy, and Many Other Dogs: 15 Tips to Help Children Build Character. She had attended my training session at ATRA! I always like to give away door-prizes at my sessions
The book has been featured in the media and in publications several times, including:
- Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine (Tampa Bay, FL).
- The Parthenon – Student newspaper at Marshall University (Huntington, W.Va).
- The Register-Herald Newspaper (Beckley, W.Va.)
- Indiana University Alumni Magazine (no article – but posted picture of book online). (Bloomington, IN) in 2009 or 2010
- West Virginia Public Radio Interview in Jan. 2011
The book has a 5-star rating from amazon.com reviewers!
Testers were delighted to discover this storybook that teaches children important lessons about tolerance, empathy, sharing, compassion and much more. Pettry uses adorable dogs and puppies to illustrate these good character traits. Parents noted how well the book was written. The style easily connected with children and was fun for parents to read. What many parents told us was that this book sparked conversations about various behaviors including how humans and dogs share many similarities when it comes to caring for each other.
go to this link to get the book:
OR go here: