- Book: “You Can Become Successful: Discover the secrets of high achieving people.”
- Author: Victor Dedaj
- Released: 2017
- Publisher: self-published by Victor Dedaj
Where did I discover this book?
I met the author, Victor Dejaj at Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough to Success (BTS) training in Philadelphia in April 2017.
I’m a member of the BTS facebook group with Dedaj.
I saw that he had released this book shortly after the BTS training.
About the Book:
Victor Dedaj argues that anyone can become successful in this book.
He gives a short autobiography at the start.
The book is simple and easy-to-read. It has larger font, which I personally appreciate.
It is self-published. There are a few typos, however, that isn’t the focus.
The focus is on the concepts presented in the book. Overlook the small typing errors and focus on learning what is being taught.
It is obvious that Victor has been studying success. He makes reference to many of the experts who teach success.
Some useful quick tips from the book:
Here are some of my favorite bits of wisdom from the book:
- Be passionate about what you’re doing.
- Victor argues that research shoes that most heart attacks occur on Monday mornings. He didn’t site the source. Danny Pettry comments: I felt that was very interesting.
- Decrease stress and live healthy.
- Surround yourself with people who are successful. Danny Pettry comments: I am not always able to attend conferences and workshops and be around the most inspirational people. However, I do listen to successful people’s thoughts and ideas on success by playing audio-books in my car on my way to work and on my way home.
- Read to succeed: he argues that it is important to read a lot of books (and watch video) about successful people. Victor argues that CEOs read five books a month, which is 60 in a year, while the average American reads one book per year. He didn’t site the source for this, but I found it interesting.
- Mediate for 15 to 20 minutes. There is already a lot of research about the power of this.
- Patience: Victor argues that success does not come over night. He gives the example of the farmer who plants a seed, cultivates, and harvests in the fall. There is no short-cut/ easy-path to success. It takes an idea and work.
- Stay physically fit and healthy: he pointed out that Richard Brandon shared, “the first thing a person should do in order to be a billionaire is to keep fit and exercise.”
- Be an author. It creates credibility.
- Mindfulness/ being in the moment: Victor talks about “being present.”
- Focus on other people/ make other people feel important. He references the Dale Carnegie’s classic: “How to win friends and influence people.”
- Take Action/ Do the work: he references Grant Cardone’s 10X Rule, doing ten times as much action as you think you should.
- Ideas: read, pray, exercise, use visualization
- Adrenal Fatigue is caused from overuse of stimulants like coffee (caffine). Victor gave up coffee. Danny Pettry comments: I won’t give up coffee. I love it. It gives me pleasure. I have decreased my coffee intake.
- Drink water.
- Develop healthy relationships
Who would enjoy this book?
- People who are feeling stuck.
- People who want to be more successful in life
- People who want to encourage others (like patients) to be more successful
Where can I get this book?
Go here: http://www.victordedaj.biz/